Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: 
It's been raining ALOT and sometimes severe storms with the rain.  When it's not raining it's too hot to go out, we have had heat advisories for the past week.  It's the end of summer vacation and staying inside so much has not been fun for my kids.

Things that make me happy:
My garden although it is begining to look bad with so much rain and heat.

Books I'm Reading:
Right now I'm reviewing the book Wyoming Sweethearts by Jullian Hart on my Kindle, it's a Love Inspired selection for August. 

What's on my TV today:
I don't really follow a lot of TV shows in the summer.  We will probably pick a movie or TV show from Netflix.  We are taking advantage of the free month trial for the instant downloads.  We can watch through our Wii or computer.  I've been enjoying old episodes of Clean House.

On the menu for dinner:
Tacos (I have a bunch of taco meat premade in my freezer, which will make this meal so easy to cook!) and Spanish Rice

On my to-do list:
Laundry (it's neverending with a family of 6!), clean up kitchen, make some granola bars, pick up living room. Next month I start doing some deep cleaning and getting rid of a ton of stuff!

New recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Playgroup Granola Bars- (These are on my do-do list!)













In the craft basket:
I have not really been making much time for crafting.

Looking forward to this week:
We get paid so picking up some school supplies. I love back to school shopping and school supplies!

Tips and Tricks:
Recently I made my own hamburger and hot dog buns.  I learned a trick to make the hamburger buns look prettier and I plan to try this soon. Homemade Kaiser Buns.

My favorite blog post this week:
Homemade Yogurt Tubes aka Fake GoGurts from Once a Month Cooking (I so want to make these soon and I'm hoping for a food saver for Christmas.

Blog Hopping (A new discoverd blog you would like to share with readers.):
Once a Month Cooking (They makr menu plans for traditional, baby.toddler, and diet and they have some great recipes and ideas.)

No words needed (Favorite picture yours or others you want to share.):

Lesson learned the past few days:
That summer is too short.  I have loved spending time with my kids this summer and can't believe it's almost time for them to go back.  All my kids will be in school for the first time this year and that really makes me want to cherish every day I have with them at home!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
John 14:15: If you love me , keep my comandments. (We can show our Father in Heaven how much we love him by just keeping his commandments.  That might not always be easy but we should be willing to do that for our Heavenly Father to show him that we love him.)

1 comment:

  1. HHM to you! I love your verse, so very true indeed! Something I pray I can do!

    The granola bars look and sound really good!

    ReplyDelete