Monday, March 11, 2013

Early To Rise Challenge: 3/11

I decided to try the Early to Rise Challenge hosted by Money Saving Mom.  I picked a not so great day to start!  We just started the Spring Forward time, so it is going to be harder to get used to this time. 
I have a hard time getting up any earlier than I already do because my kids school bus comes so early.  I set the alarm clock on my Kindle for 6:30am most of the time we do not end up getting up until 6:45am because we push the snooze button.  I decided I could get up 30 minutes earlier.  So, I got up at 6am this morning.  I get my kids snacks and back packs ready and then wake them up.  This morning I was also able to post my menu and put in a load of laundry before waking my kids.  After my kids leave, I get ready for the day and wait for a phone call since I am a substitute teacher.  Then I have some more time to do what I want if I do not get called.

Some things I want to do in the morning:
1. Pack snacks and get back packs ready
2. Do a load of laundry
3. Read scriptures/ personal prayer
4. Read a fun book (at least 1 chapter)
5. Exercise
6. Make my bed
7. Drink my water

I might not get all of these things done,but I am going to take baby steps to try and start doing better in making my mornings help my get my day off to a great start.

I personally think to have a great morning, I have to get ready at night.  I plan to write out a plan each night of what I want to do the next day. (This will sometimes change if I get called to work.) 

This morning I also woke my kids up at 6:30am instead of 6:45.  This 15 minutes extra really helped.  We were not struggling to get ready in time for the bus and I actually had time to talk to my kids instead of screaming at them to get ready or they were going to miss the bus.

Money Saving Mom offers some great ideas on what to do in the morning in her post 15 things you can do each morning to make your day more successful. Check this out if you are trying to figure out some things you could do in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment